ITALIAN RAFTING FEDERATION
Guides who hold a foreign guide license, or come from a State where there are no Government licenses, are required to have at least 36 months experience on class 4 rivers in order to apply for a F.I.Raft Guiding License.
To obtain the F.I.Raft. Guide License, foreign guides must fill out the application form, enclose all the required documents and take the practical test on the river.
The three days practical test covers:
- Raft guiding skills on class 4 rapids (positive and negative ferry, eddy in/out, 360°, flip recovery);
- Swimming evolution and self rescue in class 3-4 water;
- Throw bag skills, live bait rescue;
- Foot entrapment drill.
During the test, the official language is Italian. The applicant is required to give proper commands as well as clear instruction to the crew if emergency situation occurs.
The foreign guide must know all the technical and safety rules & regulations of the F.I.Raft Regolamento Tecnico.
The F.I.raft automatically recognizes the certificates of qualification issued by foreign Federations or Associations belonging to the respective National Olympic Committees or National Sports Authorities.
National qualification certificates issued by EU countries at the end of a preparatory course with a final examination are recognised under Directive 2005/36/EC of 7 September 2005.
Applying for foreign licences recognition
Enclosed in the application form, please add the following documents:
1. Copy of a valid personal identity document;
2. Copy of the rafting licence obtained in the foreign State;
3. Training plan of the course, if any, followed in order to obtain the qualification with indication of the hours of lesson and the subjects;
4. Copy of the First Aid certificate (BLS-D, WFR, or similar);
5. Copy of the River rescue certificate valid or certificate of participation in a security course organized by F.I.Raft;
6. Curriculum vitae, relating to ONLY rafting activity;
7. Any work certificates as rafter guide;
8. Medical certificate of competence for competitive sport, issued in Italy, valid (one year);
9. Copy of the fiscal code, issued by the “Agenzia delle Entrate”, in Italy or by the Consulate or the Consular Registry.
(The last document will have to be presented to the Federal Secretariat within 8 days from the entry into the Country, failing which the affiliation to F.I.Raft will be canceled and the license will not be recognized).
For all the other cases is mandatory to provide the following documents and to attend a Federal training course/exam:
1. Copy of a valid personal identity document;
2. Guide license (if you hold one);
3. Copy of the First Aid certificate (BLS-D, WFR, or similar);
4. Copy of the River rescue certificate valid or certificate of participation in a security course organized by F.I.Raft;
5. Curriculum vitae (rafting experience only);
6. Work certificates/references. References from previous employer/s. These declarations have to certify the amount of working hours/days in the river, the name of the river and its difficulty. They are to be signed and officially delivered by the owner/op. manager of the Company. Three working years as rafting guide are required;
7. Medical certificate of competence for competitive sport, issued in Italy, valid (one year);
8. Copy of the fiscal code, issued by the “Agenzia delle Entrate”, in Italy or by the Consulate or the Consular Registry;
(The last document will have to be presented to the Federal Secretariat within 8 days from the exam, failing which the affiliation to F.I.Raft will be canceled and the exam will not be deemed to have been passed).
F.I.Raft Commission will only evaluate fully documented applications and only the one delivered within the 10th May 2021 or within the 15th August 2021.
In some circumstances you may be requested by F.I.Raft to produce further information.
F.I.Raft will contact the applicant as soon as possible, if the request is accepted; also will notify if the practical test is needed and other information.
The Foreign Guides Test will take place on Noce River, starting from 24th to 26th May, 2021 (first dates) or in place yet to be defined from 1st to 3rd September 2021 (last dates). About the place, the participants will be informed 15 days before.
The first day is a preparatory training to the exams.
Instructors will present the standard required from F.I.Raft, as well as many other crucial information regarding the exams.
The evaluation will start only from the second day.
The Test admission fee for the year 2021 is € 450,00 and includes:
- F.I.Raft annual inscription
- The three days Training / Exams
The full payment has to be made before the 10th May, 2021 or the 15th August 2021..
Registration to the F.I.Raft guides list
Foreign guides who have been recognised are allowed to work in Italy, observing the rules mentioned in the F.I.Raft statute and regulation.
For the following years, in order to maintain the license, even if the guide doesn't work in Italy, the annual fee has to be paid, € 60,00, before january, 31st.
In case of missed renewal, the applicant will be erased from the F.I.Raft guides list. To obtain again the guide's status, the applicant has to attend a one day refresher course and paying the annual fees of the past years, plus an extra fee for reactivate the license.
The application form completed with all the required documents, should be sent by mail to email@example.com