ITALIAN RAFTING FEDERATION
To obtain the F.I.Raft. Guide License, foreign guides must fill out the application form, enclose all the required documents and take the practical test on the river.
The four days practical test covers the exam program, which can be found by clicking on this link.
During the test, the official language is Italian. The applicant is required to give proper commands as well as clear instruction to the crew if emergency situation occurs. It will have moreover to be introduced a briefing in Italian language, under penalty of not being admitted to the practical tests.
The foreign guide must know all the technical and safety rules & regulations of the F.I.Raft Regolamento Tecnico.
Applying for foreign licences recognition
National qualification certificates issued by EU countries at the end of a preparatory course with a final examination are recognised under Directive 2005/36/EC of 7 September 2005.
Enclosed in the application form, please add the following documents:
1. Copy of a valid personal identity document;
2. Guide license (if you hold one);
3. Copy of the First Aid certificate (BLS-D, WFR, or similar);
4. Curriculum vitae (rafting experience only);
5. Work certificates/references. References from previous employer/s. These declarations have to certify the amount of working hours/days in the river, the name of the river and its difficulty. They are to be signed and officially delivered by the owner/op. manager of the Company. Three working years as rafting guide are required;
6. Medical certificate of competence for competitive sport, issued in Italy, valid (one year);
7. Copy of the fiscal code, issued by the “Agenzia delle Entrate”, in Italy or by the Consulate or the Consular Registry. This last document will have to be presented to the Federal Secretariat within 8 days from the exam, failing which the affiliation to F.I.Raft will be canceled and the exam will not be deemed to have been passed.
F.I.Raft Commission will only evaluate fully documented applications and only the one. In some circumstances it may be requested by F.I.Raft to produce further information.
F.I.Raft will contact the applicant as soon as possible, if the request is accepted.
The Foreign Guides Test will take place on Dora or Sesia rivers, starting from 21st to 24th May, 2022 or on Noce River from 20th to 23rd June 2022. About the place, the participants will be informed 15 days before in the call e-mail.
Instructors will present the standard required from F.I.Raft, as well as many other crucial information regarding the exams.
Participation fees are indicated on this page of the federal website. The full payment has to be made before the 15th May, 2022.
Registration to the F.I.Raft guides list
Foreign guides who have been recognised are allowed to work in Italy, observing the rules mentioned in the F.I.Raft statute and regulation.
For the following years, in order to maintain the license, even if the guide doesn't work in Italy, the annual fee has to be paid, € 60,00, before january, 31st.
In case of missed renewal, the applicant will be erased from the F.I.Raft guides list. To obtain again the guide's status, the applicant has to attend a one day refresher course and paying the annual fees of the past years, plus an extra fee for reactivate the license.
The application form completed with all the required documents, should be sent by mail to email@example.com